Skip to content
How to set a goal and achieve it
- Define your goal
- Write out your strategy
- Anticipate problems: Write them down and don’t be surprised when they come
- Have reserves both financially and emotionally
- Relate your goal to a specific time frame
- Action: Do something today!
Why do we fail to achieve goals?
- We are not clear on what we want
- The goal is complex, not easy to understand or execute. Keep it simple!
- We procrastinate and never actually get started
- We make excuses and find people who will believe our sad story when we share it AGAIN & AGAIN! Stop telling your old sad story and create a new story!
- Failing to anticipate problems: You must understand that problems are normal. Be ready for problems. Deal with it head on and stay on track
- No accountability: Find someone to keep you accountable
- Relate your goal to a date and deadline. Example: I will complete this goal by Wednesday at noon
- Do something today: Stop talking about it and move, take action